Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Playing hookie for the day!





On Sunday my grandson Owen and I went on a road trip to visit a friend who has a farm in the Gaspereau Valley, way up the mountain. She mostly raises ducks and turkeys, she has a few other farm animals, goats and a few sheep. She also has three guard geese that comb the yard for intruders, they are pretty funny running around hissing as you if to say "I am the boss here and you will not cross the line while I'm in charge", (they are to funny). The first thing Owen had to do was get in with the sheep and goats, there is not an animal that he will not try and make friends with, he is truly a little farm boy. Any animal that will stay still long enough get a big hug and kiss on the head, he is such a card. The past two weeks have been a bit of a descision making time for me, and it felt good just to leave the farm for a few hours. I have got to get busy this week and start to think about gettting ready for the winter craft fairs, I really do not want to have to do that but I will wrap my head around a couple for this year, but that's it. I am enjoying the Endield market, after all it is my social event for the week. That's pretty sad when one only has one social event a week and it is selling at a farm market how sad does that sound. OK I think I just found something else that I need to rethink, I best get on it talk soon. Ps Aydin is doing great he is getting really big but remains a gentle giant, we just love him.

1 comment:

  1. hi deario! boy all your kids and kids and chicks and pups and lambsy divies are all so darn cute!
    miss ya!

    ReplyDelete